As American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen generates awareness and visibility of the dropout crisis, you may be asked by the media or other stakeholders to discuss your program as part of the initiative.
Following is a set of key messages that provide language to help you identify your program as part of the American Graduate initiative in conversations with media and partners/collaborators:
- American Graduate is a public media initiative funded by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis. The initiative builds on public media's long-standing commitment to education by convening conversations and strengthening partnerships between public radio and television stations and local schools, businesses and community organizations to help students stay on the path to a high school diploma.
- American Graduate is a public media initiative supported by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to help local communities across America find solutions to address the dropout crisis.
- [Station or Program] is part of American Graduate: Let's Make It Happen, a public media initiative made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen, launched by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting in May 2011, is an investment in public media stations that are working in their communities to address the dropout crisis.
- The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has also invested in national programming, such as [PROGRAM NAME], to focus greater attention on the dropout crisis.
- Public media has long been a source of education, providing students of all ages with programming and teachers with tools to help them better educate America’s youth.
About "American Graduate: Let's Make It Happen"
About American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen. The public media initiative, American Graduate: Let's Make It Happen <http://www.americangraduate.org> , is helping communities across America identify and implement solutions to address the high school dropout crisis. Made possible by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting <http://www.cpb.org> (CPB), the multi-year campaign is designed to raise awareness and dialogue through national and local multiplatform programming. Targeting communities with highest dropout rates, the initiative also increases local engagement and action through collaborations and partnerships, and increases student engagement through teacher professional development and classroom curricula. Public radio and television stations – locally owned and operated – reach 99% of the country over the air, have built models for successful intervention in early learning, and have deep connections in the communities they serve. More than 600 partnerships have been formed locally through American Graduate and CPB is partnering with America's Promise Alliance and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Visit American Graduate on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/americangraduate> , Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/amerigrad> or AmericanGraduate.org <http://www.americangraduate.org> .